At Ambrosia Organic, we are passionate about sharing healthy and delicious recipes with our readers. Today, we are excited to bring you a recipe for Roasted Makhana (Phool Makhana) that is sure to impress your taste buds. This recipe is not only tasty but also nutritious, making it a great option for a snack or a light meal. In this article, we will share with you step-by-step instructions on how to make Roasted Makhana at home.
To make Roasted Makhana, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of Makhana (Phool Makhana)
- 2 tbsp of ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of chaat masala
- 1 tsp of dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tsp of dried mint leaves (optional)
- Start by heating a pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add 2 tbsp of ghee to it.
- Add 2 cups of Makhana to the pan and stir well. Make sure that all the Makhana is coated with the ghee.
- Roast the Makhana for 8-10 minutes or until it becomes crispy. Stir the Makhana occasionally to ensure that it is evenly roasted.
- Once the Makhana is roasted, turn off the heat and let it cool down for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 tsp of red chilli powder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp of chaat masala, 1 tsp of dried mango powder, and salt to taste.
- Add the roasted Makhana to the bowl and mix well, making sure that all the Makhana is coated with the spices.
- Optionally, you can add 1 tsp of dried mint leaves to the bowl and mix well.
- Your Roasted Makhana is ready! Serve it as a snack or a light meal.
Why Roasted Makhana is a Great Snack Option
Roasted Makhana is a great snack option for several reasons. Firstly, it is a healthy snack as Makhana is low in calories and high in protein. This makes it an excellent option for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, Makhana is a good source of antioxidants, which help to fight free radicals in the body and keep it healthy.
Furthermore, Roasted Makhana is a versatile snack that can be enjoyed in many ways. You can eat it as it is or add it to other dishes like salads, soups, or curries. You can also experiment with different spice blends to create your unique flavor profile.
In conclusion, Roasted Makhana is a tasty and nutritious snack that you can easily make at home. With our step-by-step instructions, you can enjoy this snack whenever you want, and impress your friends and family with your cooking skills. Try it out today and let us know what you think!